Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Lesson 1.3: The Importance of a Healthy Respiratory System
Transcript of Lesson 1.3: The Importance of a Healthy Respiratory System
significant effects on
our respiratory system The human body can effectively protect us from solids in the air
- nose hair
- moist air passages Gases are more difficult to stop As air enters our lungs, harmful substances in the air may enter too. These harmful substances can cause diseases or even death AIR POLLUTANTS Cigarette smoke Industrial pollution Cars and trucks Air Pollutant and the
Harmful Substances Cigarette smoke
Gases from factories
Haze SMOKING KILLS 4 million a year
11,000 a day
8 per minute
1 every 8 seconds NICOTINE TAR SULFUR DIOXIDE CARBON MONOXIDE PARTICULATE MATTER DISEASES RESPIRATORY SYSTEM Asthma