Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Earl Lloyd
Earl Lloyd was the first african american to play in the NBA in 1950-51.
He was born April 3, 1928 in Alexandria, Virgin
Thanks For watching
Broke color barrier.
Inspired african americans.
Stood up for whats right.
Racism and discrimination
Being ready to hear and feel the racist things
Joins a team called the Washington Capitols in 1950-1951.
After he played for the Syracuse Nationals in 1952-1958 which he won a championship .
And for his last he played for the Detroit Pistons in 1958-1960.
He averaged about 8 points and got 4,682 in total.
He grabbed about 6 rebounds every game and got 3,609 in his whole career.
Got inducted to the hall of fame
Earl Lloyd died February 26, 2015 at age 86
On February 9 they call it Earl Lloyd day