Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Diet and Sustainability Key to Feeding the World: A food Sec
Transcript of Diet and Sustainability Key to Feeding the World: A food Sec
The notion of Food Security
Possible solutions of Food Shortage
- when all people at all times have access to sufficient, safe, nutritious food to maintain a healthy and active life (WHO, 1996).
Further approaches have to be developed:
An integrated and systematic approach - encouraging agri-food research
A global approach - involving the specialist researchers
UCL Pre-sessional 2014
1930 - 2 billion
2010 - 6.8 billion
2050 - 9 billion
negative impact on food production
Sustainable approach of increasing the potential of food yields
choose how food is
'produced, used and consumed'
Boost yields of some crops in areas with temperate climate
possible negative effects of climate change
the necessity in developing farming
Slaght, J. Diet and sustainability key to feeding the world: A food security report. ISLC, University of Reading.
. Accessed 7 August 2014.
(Black, 2010 in Slaght)