Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Earth First
- Earth First is an environmental advocacy group
- Origins: Southwestern United States
- Founded: 1980
Dave Foreman, Mike Roselle, Howie Wolke, Bart Koehler and Ron Kezar
Focus: Environmental protection
slogan: "No Compromise in the Defense of Mother Earth!"
Active in over 19 countries ..
There are groups in:
the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Netherlands, Belgium, Philippines, Czech Republic, India, Mexico, France, Germany, New Zealand, Poland, Nigeria, Slovakia, Ireland, Italy, and Spain.
Occupations and Sit-Ins
Nonviolent Direct Action
Methods: Direct action
Halt the Destruction
Raise the Stakes
Earth First! is a verb, In order to be an environmental movement, you’ve got to move!
Direct action means personal, spiritual and strategic efforts to defend the Earth.
- Against Willamette Industries
- A logging company.
- Rocky Flats Nuclear Weapons Plant
- The Diablo Canyon Nuclear Generating Facility
- The Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
- Building of dams organizations
- Ecoworld and Paryawaran Sachetak Samiti
- the United Nations Environmentl Programme
- the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- World Nature Organization (WNO)
- Friends of the Earth
The purpose of which is to: