Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Dreikurs Model
Transcript of The Dreikurs Model
All students strive to belong.
Relationship between student’s sense of belonging and classroom behavior.
If students don’t feel like they belong, will turn to mistaken goals.
Mistaken goals are “mistaken ideas” of how to belong. Dreikers Model The Competent and Democratic Teacher Should never humiliate or punish
Discipline should be used – not punishment
Recognizes and Confronts Mistaken Goals When they feel like they don’t belong...…
Always in Order…...
When one does not work, moves to next…... If the Teacher is feeling…… Can determine the mistaken goal by analyzing his/her own feelings… Student's Mistaken Goals…… Democratic Teacher GUIDANCE - Provides Guidance through rules and consequences
PARTICIPATION - Allows students to participate in decision making. Democratic Classroom JOINT DECISIONS - Teachers and student make joint decisions in Procedures, Rules and Consequences. Competent Teachers
Democratic Techniques Student Mistaken Goals/Teacher Feelings The Dreikurs Model