Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Lean Manufacturing
Elimination of Waste
Unprecedented demand for new planes in 1990's
Deregulation of a commercial airline industry in the early 90’s
“Moonshine shops” for double production
Some of their customers started to consider to replace their old aircrafts with ones produced by Airbus Industrie (Airbus)
A $1.6 billion loss
BREAKTHROUGH by "Kaizen"
Unreasonable Stress or effort
Non-value-added activities (7wastes)
Derived from Toyota Production System (TPS)
, that aims to meet demand instantaneously
Elimination of wastes without the degradation of the quality of products based on:
- The line of bodies is gotten forward 2 inches per minute
More than 30
to produce preassembled parts
777: 71days 37days
737: 20days 9days
Elimination of wastes in "Inventory", "Motion" and "Process"
Thorough Elimination of Wastes
Physical Wastes and Wastes of human capital
Repetitive easy "boring" work
MGMT569 International Business Operations and
Supply Chain Management
Everybody can start without any machines or employment.
Reduction of Inventory level by 42 percent
Reduction of the space to assemble