Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Colourful and tasty
Transcript of Colourful and tasty
FUN FACTS: Pizza margherita
Maybe the most famous type of pizza was named margherita in 1889 by Neapolitan cook Raffaele Esposito in honour of Italy's queen Margaret of Savoia. First margherita pizza was made with basil, mozzarella cheese and tomatoes, which represented the Italian flag's colours.
- Where was pizza born?
- Which is the most expensive pizza in the world?
- Why has pizza margherita got that name?
TYPES OF PIZZA
There are endless varieties of pizza around the world, but in Italy the most famous types are margherita, marinara, four seasons, four cheeses, ham and mushrooms and alla diavola, with spicy salami
FUN FACTS: World's most expensive pizza
The world's most expensive pizza is called Louis XIII, which is made with "bufala" - a special type of mozzarella cheese - shrimps, Australian pink salt, caviar and lobster. It costs 8.300 euros.
COLOURFUL AND TASTY
I'm round or squared
on a gulf I was born
I've got the colors of a flag
and I've got the name of a queen,
WHO AM I?
The story of the pizza is long and uncertain. The term "pizza" was born in the 13th century, indicating some pressed bread with a white sauce on it. Later, the white sauce was replaced with olive oil, cheese, tomatoes or fish.
Two of the most famous types of pizza - marinara and margherita - were created between the 18th and the 19th century in Naples.