Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Discrimination of Women in the Fashion Industry
Transcript of Discrimination of Women in the Fashion Industry
"The fashion industry follows patterns of racism, patriarchy, and exclusion towards women in line with larger patterns of oppression in the United States and abroad."
The "Ideal" Image
Image by goodtextures: http://fav.me/d2he3r8
If the average woman is a size 14, who is establishing the gender normativity developing through sizing for young women?
Vogue's "Black Issue"
Abercrombie and Fitch
"The retail industry and other industries need to know that businesses cannot discriminate against individuals under the auspice of a marketing strategy or a particular 'look'. Race and sex discrimination in employment are unlawful, and the EEOC will continue to aggressively pursue employers who choose to engage in such practices."
"Teen retailer Wet Seal said Thursday it has settled a class action racial discrimination lawsuit for $7.5 million."