Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Computer Use: Windows
Transcript of Computer Use: Windows
Lets Get Started! Display Options allows you to make changes on your computer: including screen resolution, color quality, display desktop icons, and change your background. You can change the size of text and other items on your screen by choosing different options that are located in the window. Here's how: The final topic is User Account. User's account allows a user to authenticate to a system service and be granted authorization to access them. To log into an account, a user is typically required to authenticate one self with a password or other credentials for the purposes of accounting, security, logging, and resource management. 3 Simple Steps to Get to User Accounts Click the Start button 1. Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button,
2. Click on Control Panel
3. Click on Personalization
4. Click Display Disk Cleanup The first item on the list is Disk Clean up. This a Computer maintenance utility designed to free up disk space on a computer's hard drive. This utility first searches and analyzes the hard drive for files that no longer have any use, then it removes all the unnecessary files. Here's how to get there: Windows Updates Last item on the list is Windows Updates. This is a service that provides updates for your operating system. There are different kinds of updates to look at when your running Windows. Security updates are for critical updates that protect against vulnerabilities to malware and security exploits. Make sure when your going to do the updates to always do the optional updates. Here's how to get there: Today You Will Learn: Display Options User Accounts Display Options
System Hardware/Software Information
User Accounts Regular Upkeep The next topic is Regular Upkeep. This a list of a few things you need to maintain in good conditions when working with your computer. P.S
TAKE NOTES! 4 Easy Steps Should look like this System Hardware/Software Information The next topic is System Hardware/Software Information. This allows you to view your basic information about your computer as well as making changes in your settings. You can view what system you are running, computer name, domain and workgroup settings. Here hows: click on the Start button right click on My computer click on Properties Disk Clean up
Windows Updates Click the Start button
Click All Programs
Go to Accessories
Stroll down to System Tools
Click on System Tools Should Look Like This Disk Defragment The second item on the list is Disk Defragment. This is a utility designed to increase access speed by rearranging files stored on a disk to occupy contiguous storage locations. Here's how: Open My Computer
Right-click the local disk volume that you want to degragment
Click on Properties
On the Tools tab
Click Defragment Internet History Open your Web Browser
Click on Internet Option or Ctrl+H
Click Clear History Upkeep: Weekly Upkeep: Weekly The third item on the list is Interent History. This utility allows you to clear history, cookies, and tmp files on IE. As well as, if you visited a site before but don't remember the URL, the Internet History lets you review previous sites. Here's how: Should Look Like This Upkeep: Weekly Click the Start button Click All Programs Click on Windows Updates Upkeep: Automatically set it up weekly or monthly. Should Look Like This Click on Control Panel Go to User Account Should Look Like This System Hardware/Software
Information Remember: Hardware is the physical components that make up a computer system Remember: Software is computer programs and related data that provides the instructions for telling computer hardware what to do and how to do it Should Look Like This Now you have learned the 4 topics of Windows. Hope you found this handy.