Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
short story Raymond's Run
Transcript of short story Raymond's Run
even when faced with great challenges
- Treat every one with respect no matter the
circumstances -Squeaky is 10 year old girl who loves to run
- from Harlem New York
-she has "Skinny arms and a squeaky
- her only responsibility is to take care of her mentally disabled brother _ Raymonds run is set in the 1950-1960's
in Harlem New York"... when she first moved to Harlem from Baltimore, pg 31."
- Also set in the park durring the Mayday races - Squeaky and Raymond are walking down the street and they see Gretchen and her friends
- They get into a small fight over who will win the may day race,"I don't think you're going to win this time. said Rosie pg 32"
- squeaky ends the fight and every one walks away
- Squeaky gets to the mayday races _ squeaky wins her race
- She starts to plan how she will help Raymond train _Squeaky sees Raymond running along the fence with her "...and it's the first time i ever saw that i almost stopped to watch my brother Raymond on his first run pg 36."
- squeaky realizes she could help her brother train to be a great runner "it occures to me... Raymond could be a very fine runner pg37."
- Squeaky shares a genuine smile with
- She begins to realize she can let her gaurd down and be friends with other girls P.O.V 1St person "I dont have much to do
around the house..., pg 29" Author info. _ Toni Cade Bambara grew up in New York City
-She loved the energy and life in the city
-Bambara credits her mother as her inspiration to write
_ typically writes short stories because it keeps peoples attention Video clip Pictures Charles- other main character Charles is squeaky's brother
He is mentally disabled
He is taken care of by Squeky
He could possibly be a very good runner Conflict Person vs person- Gretchen and her friends vs Squeaky
Person vs Society- Raymond vs peoples views of him