Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
VMGMA Luncheon Going Digital in the New Era of the Patient Experience
Transcript of VMGMA Luncheon Going Digital in the New Era of the Patient Experience
Trigger an action!
many points of connection with your audience...
The Danger of Satisfaction
In a satisfied environment, patients are:
Not Loyal (satisfied v. loyal)
-Patients are now Consumers, First and Foremost
- Access to information 24/7 and share information 24/7
- Armed with the responsibility to spend more out of pocket dollars, patients will become much more discriminating purchasers of healthcare services
- More and more they expect exceptional customer service with every business transaction, including healthcare – from in person, to the phone and online
- They are seeking a “better” healthcare experience and know they can simply go elsewhere – to your competitor, in hopes of a better experience
- Marketing initiatives must be more innovative to reach consumers
The New Era of the Patient Experience
Their interaction should be a...
Why is this important?
An interaction should always
Your patient experience transcends beyond
More than just promoting..
your 4 walls
No formal culture or training
Development of brand promise
Observation of calls
Implementation of call center
"Every Patient is a Friend of the Practice"
Care to share?
What's your preferred method of communication?
Meaningful Social Media
Materials created and provided courtesy
Patients and Social Media
1/3 of patients use social media for health related content searches
40% of patients sought reviews on doctors, hospitals, procedure outcomes and the patient experience
45% say that social media affects their provider decisions
73% welcome engagement with their physicians online, but they expect a response.
Health and Consumer Studies Report, Dec. 2012
Let's Be Social!
1,563 hospitals total
717 YouTube Channels
1300 Facebook pages
1005 Twitter Accounts
653 LinkedIn Accounts
1084 Four Square
Source: Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media
"Real time media is a problem solver. Physicians are problem solvers. We are using these tools to solve problems in real time, throughout the day. "
"Many times, I do not have time to say everything I need to a patient in just 20 minutes. Social media helps reach them with more information, more resources and on a platform they know and trust."
Natasha Burgert, MD Pediatrician
Job Function vs. Job Purpose