Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hernando Cortes
Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic
Sailed here in 1504.
Tenochtitlan, Veracruz (Mexico City)
Explored for Spain
Explorer's Research Project by Kole Miller:
Summary of Expedition
Hernando Cortes Sailed for Spain. He left Cuba for the Yucatan Peninsula, which is also Mexico on February 18, 1519. He met the native Azrwcs and their leader Montezuma. Cortes kidnapped Montezuma for a ransom of gold and Jewels. Eventually he served as the governor and he explored other places.
Accomplishments and Goals
Hernando Cortes became governor of Mexico. He created the current Mexico City from the Aztec city of Tenochtitian. He also discovered Baja, California. He achieved his goal of creating a New Spain.
Purpose of Expedition
Hernando Cortes' goal was to find a New Spain. He also wanted to find riches.
Sailed to Mexico with 500 men
Created a New Spain
Discoved Baja, California
Explored Aztec Empire