Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Soar to Success By: Lace Pickens
Transcript of Soar to Success By: Lace Pickens
*Soar to Success does not provide instruction in writing, spelling, or study skills.
*Soar to Success does not work as well when there are more than 7 students in a group. Expected Results * 18 Trade Books (7 Copies of Each Title)
* Teacher's Manual
* Instructional Posters (Graphic Organizers
* Student Guide (7 Copies)
* Staff Development Video
* Canvas Tote Bag
$1,675.85 Per Grade Level soar to Success contains 4 critical components outlined by the National Reading Panel & Reading First
* Vocabulary * Soar reading was created for students in grades 3-5 who are below grade level. The program is expected to accelerate student's ability to read and increase their understanding of what they read. * Graphic organizers include visual representations & key concepts of the reading.
*The books are age appropriate books that include narratives and expository text of high interest.
*As the program progresses, teacher gradually fades in order to give students a feeling of independence.
* students receive continuous assessment through retell checks and oral reading fluency.
* The teacher's manual is highly organized and will aide as a helpful guide to the program. Lesson Structure: * Small Group (5-7 students)
* Lesson Length: 30-40 min.
* 5 Parts to Each Lesson
Responding & Reflecting Background Information Soar to Success was created specifically for students in grades 3-8 who were functioning below their reading level.
It operates in a small group intervention setting that uses motivational literature, reciprocal teaching, and graphic organizers to assist in increasing student growth.
**Components of the packet may be purchased individually.