Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Model the Human and Predict Behavior
Transcript of Model the Human and Predict Behavior
How to ensure good interaction design?
Model of Human as "Processor"
Fits large amount of experimental data
Cycle time = 100ms
Discrete and limited
stimuli within a cycle appear fused
animation is smooth if frame rate > 10 fps
"instantaneous" is anything < cycle time
causality strongly tied to fusion
leads to ...
organization is a fundamental building block of perception
Law of Proximity
Law of Similarity
Law of Closure
Law of Symmetry
Law of Continuity
Elements in proximity are perceived as grouped
Elements that are similar are grouped
Perceive objects as whole when they have gaps
Aligned elements are perceived as being grouped and unbroken
Opposed symmetrical objects are perceived as making a single unit
occurs before "focused thought"
unique elements/signals "pop out"
Where do these apply in music, sound, instruments?
Trying to do something...
With our stuff...