Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Dominican Republic - Spanish Geography and Culture
Transcript of The Dominican Republic - Spanish Geography and Culture
la República Dominicana? ¡Gracias! La República
Dominicana The capital of the Domincan Republic is Santo Domingo. ¿Cuál es la capital de
la República Dominicana? ¿Cuál es la bandera de
la República Dominicana? The Merengue is a type of
Dominican song and dance. La Cultura de la
República Dominicana - The national motto is "Dios, Patria, Libertad" (God, Fatherland, Liberty).
- There is a Bible below a cross in the middle of the sheild that is said to be opened to the Gospel of John, chapter 8, verse 32, which reads "Y la verdad nos hará libre" (And the truth shall make you free).
- The blue on the flag stands for liberty.
- The white stands for salvation.
- The red stands for the blood of heroes. Executive Branch
(President) Executes laws passed by
the legislative branch Commander in cheif of
the armed forces Appoints the cabinet Legislative Branch (Bicameral Congress) Senate
(32 Members) House of Representatives
(178 Members) Cheif of State: President Leonel Fernandez Reyna Head of Government: President Leonel Fernandez Reyna In this dance, partners hold each others' hands and move in small steps, usually sideways or in circles. The knees are kept slightly bent. When one partner makes an individual turn, they will usually continue to hold hands, often creating pretzel-like twists of arms. Bibliography: