Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Socotra
2. Sleeping Bag
3. Warm Clothing for night
5. Comfortable walking shoes
6. Flashlight with extra batteries
8. personal medication
9. Rainwear (Ex: Poncho) - North-Western corner of Western Indian Ocean
- approximately 125 km long, 45 km wide
Main biome: socotra, the main island Semi-desert climate
- water / water-holding capacity
Tropical desert Endangered Species Succession Over time, humans have used resources and changed the environment to desert like.
Over Time, the organisms that spread were the ones who were already used to the desert climate. Importance to the World Location The Climate What to
bring Biodiversity - most of the organisms found on Socotra are unique and aren't found elsewhere The Socotra by Ken M.
Justin B Major Producers - Punica protopunica
AKA Pomegranate Tree Dragon's
Blood Human Impact Aerial view of Socotra Colonization + Trade = Extinction - Egyptian vulture - Socotra Bunting -The branches of the Dragon's Blood tree extend upward
-The Socotran Pomegranate Tree has thorns
-Dostenia Gigas' Roots dig into rock
-Endemic Fairy Shrimp which swim upside down Example:
-> Socotran Caper White
->Socotra Bunting Thank you for listening! Loss of biodiversity Growing reliance on plants Natives rely on Dragon's Blood