Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Religion and Society: Relgious conflict within families
Transcript of Religion and Society: Relgious conflict within families
Identify the main issues which cause religious conflict within families. 1. CHILDREN NO LONGER WANT TO TAKE PART IN THEIR PARENTS' RELIGION This can cause major conflict because:
Parents FEEL - it is their duty to bring their children up in the faith.
- children will become immoral without religious guidance.
- children will not be in the after-life with them.
CHILDREN FEEL - Human rights are being taken away by parents. 2. CHILDREN WANTING TO MARRY A PARTNER FROM A DIFFERENT FAITH This can raise problems for religious parents:
- No religious ceremony.
- Religion of the children of the marrriage.
- What will happen after death. Burial rites.
- Sense of betrayal. 3. CHILDREN BECOMING MORE RELIGIOUS THAN THEIR PARENTS. It can cause major conflict as parents get angry if their children criticise or force:
- Lifestyle of their parents. Eg, Muslim parents who run off licenses.
- Parents to be more religious, eg: Baptist children expecting their parents to read the Bible every day.
If a family member makes a decision that goes against the teachings of the family's religion.
If a Catholic decides to divorce so they can re-marry.
If a couple decide to live together rather than marry even though their religion bans sex before marriage.
If a family member decides to have an abortion even though it is against their religion. 4. DISAGREEMENTS OVER MORAL ISSUES You can access my lesson notes via:
Jesus Camp (2006)
Ae Fond Kiss (2004)
My Son the Fanatic (1997) ON YOUR POST IT NOTE:
ONE CHRISTIAN AND ONE ISLAMIC
ATTITUDE TOWARDS WAR. HOMEWORK
READ THROUGH THE HANDOUT AND ANWSER ALL QUESTIONS.
YOU HAVE THREE WEEKS TO COMPLETE IT!
DUE NEXT LESSON (04:11:2011) GCSE QUESTION
DESCRIBE THE FACTORS WHICH
CAUSE RELIGIOUS CONFLICT WITHIN FAMILIES? (8MARKS)