Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Innovation, Design, Entrepreneurship Academy
Transcript of Innovation, Design, Entrepreneurship Academy
Welcome to the IDEA family! We can't wait to get to know all of you and to build a school just right for you!
Welcome to the IDEA New Family Ice Cream Social!
Thank you for being here!
Please take a few minutes to reflect on your school experience or your student's school experience
Share your thoughts with those around you!
Our Journey to IDEA
Welcome to the IDEA family!
Please join us in an
Ice Cream Social Q+A
IDEA's 3 Priorities:
Learned from leading education experts across the country
Worked in traditional, projects-based, and IB Dallas ISD schools
Inspired most by my students
12 Years in Dallas ISD
- Walnut Hill Elementary
- E.D. Walker Middle School
- A. Maceo Smith New Tech High School
- Bryan Adams High School
We got to meet you!
Application Window open 1/06-1/29
2 Community Meetings
25 School Visits
More than 400 applications from all 37 DISD Middle Schools and 12 other Dallas Schools
- Students are eligible to participate at their home campus.
- IDEA is a choice school, not a magnet.
- Provided as long as eligibility requirements are met. For specific questions, contact the Office of Transformation & Innovation at (972) 925-3306.
- Students will follow the district dress code, but uniforms aren't required.
- Each student has their own device to use as a tool to learn
Expectations of Students
- We'll often have visitors, so students will act, dress, and speak in a respectful manner at all times
Started with an IDEA, Feb. 2014
Completed Application March 2014
Accepted into Personalized Learning Cohort of 8 schools May 2014
Bill and Melinda Gates
Next Generation Systems Initiative
hundreds of hours
189 proposal pages
30 business/community meetings
ONE approved proposal to launch a new, personalized learning high school in Dallas ISD!
April 23, 2015
Dallas ISD Board of Trustee votes 8-0-1
to reopen Fannin Elementary as
The Innovation, Design, Entrepreneurship Academy at James W. Fannin
Mentors, Internships, and
Next Generation Skills
Students work with teachers, advisor to become "Mentor Ready" in the Next Generation Skills
Students work with mentor to become "Intern Ready" in the Next Generation Skills
*See the Next Generation Skills in the handouts you picked up at the door!
IDEA Kick-Off August 8-11, 8:30-12:30
First Day of School August 22!
Mentors, Internships, and Next Generation Skills
An example of a freshman's schedule:
Meet IDEA's Founding Team!
Our 1st year: