Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Pronoun-Antecedent Pronoun
is... A noun or pronoun that a pronoun replaces or refers to. Example:
The class listened as Ted explained his project. pronoun antecedent AGREEMENT BETWEEN PRONOUN AND ITS ANTECEDENT..... To agree, you need to look at "3" factors.
1. in number
2. in person
3. in gender Agreement
Numbers Rules: The pronoun and its antecedent must be both singular OR plural.
* There can NEVER be BOTH singular and plural pronoun and its antecedent in the sentence(s).* Example:
> I got worried when the neighbors let his dog out.
> I got worried when the neighbors let their dog out. Agreement in Gender Rules: The pronoun and its antecedent MUST agree in gender.
* If the gender is unknown, you write
"he or she".* Example:
> Anthony brought her new guitar to school.
> Anthony brought his new guitar to school. Agreement in Person Rules: The pronoun and its antecedent must agree in person.
* Person = first-person, second-person, or third-person pronoun.* Example:
> The students shared their ideas for the project.
> We listen to our grandparnets as they talk. Short forms:
A = antecedent
P = pronoun Questions! 1. The girl loves her doll.
2. Dr. John Smith is going to his office.
3. The boys finished their dinner.
4. Amy brought her homework to school.
5. The basketball team celebrated its victory. Find the pronoun and its antecedent. Change the sentence so that it makes sense. 1. The woman finished his lunch.
2. One of the dogs is missing their collar.
3. Lisa and Amy must finish its homework.
4. The audience clapped her hands.
5. Each passenger are required to bring their ticket. Answer #1: The girl loves her doll. Answer #2: Dr. John Smith is going to his office. Answer #3: The boys finished their dinner. Answer #4: Amy brought her homework to school. Answer #5: The basketball team celebrated its victory. Part I Find the antecedent. Choose the correct pronoun. Part III Questions! Questions! Part II Answer: The woman finished his lunch. Answer: One of the dogs is missing their collar. Answer: Lisa and Amy must finish its homework. Answer: The audience clapped her hands. Answer: Each passenger are required to bring their ticket. 1. The college should change (our/its) policy.
2. That artist work in (his or her/their) studio.
3. My friends love to shop; (they/you) go to shop everyday.
4. The jury came in and took (their/his or her) seats. Answer: The college should change (our/its) policy. Answer: That artist work in (his or her/their) studio. Answer: My friends love to shop; (they/you) go to shop everyday. Answer: The jury came in and took (their/his or her) seats. her its their their his or her