Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ionic & Covalent Bonds
Transcript of Ionic & Covalent Bonds
These are two types of atomic bonds. They differ in their structure and properties.
Differences Between The Two
Covalent bonds polarity is low while the ionic bond is high. When it comes to shape covalent bond has definite shape and the ionic bond has no definite shape. Boiling and melting point of a covalent bond is low while ionic bonds boiling and melting point is high. At room temperature covalent bonds are liquid or gaseous and ionic bonds are solid.
Similarities Between The Two
Both have multiple atoms that come together and create a complex structure. They also have a neutral charge.
Consist of pairs of electrons shared by two atoms, and bind the atoms in a fixed orientation.
Held together by a strong attractions between negatively and positively charged ions.