Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
the invention of the light bulb and why it changed the world
Transcript of the invention of the light bulb and why it changed the world
Who invented the light bulb
The first person to invent the light bulb was Thomas Alva Edison. Thomas Edison was an American inventor and businessman. He developed many devices that greatly influenced life around the world, including the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and a long-lasting, practical electric light bulb.
Born: February 11, 1847, Milan, OH
Died: October 18, 1931, West Orange, NJ
Education: Cooper Union (1875–1879)
Awards: Technical Grammy Award, Grammy Trustees Award, More
Children: Theodore Miller Edison, Charles Edison, More
Movies: The Execution of Mary Stuart, Carmencita, Monkeyshines, More
why the light bulb changed the world
The invention of electric light bulb changed the world.
* The modern world is an electrified world.
* The invention of light bulb changed human existence by illuminating the night and making it hospitable to a wide range of human activities. * The electric light bulb was invented in 1879 by Thomas Alva Edison. * It was the infrastructure that was built to provide electricity to every home and business that changed the world. Today, our world is filled with powered devices than we can plug in pretty much anywhere. And we have the light bulb to thanks for it. * In the morning, there is sunlight. But in the night, people use electricity to do tasks. * The invention of light bulb allows us to work at night, increasing quality and productivity. Allow us to save money on candles/oil for light and much safer to use
The second people who started to discover what Thomas Edison made your invented
Joesph Wilson and Hiram Maxim were the second people two realize what Thomas Edison had invented then the two realized that they could invent the next light bulb generation and start to make all different kinds of light bulbs and different light bulb colors . Physicist
Swan, D.Sc.h.c., FRS was a British physicist and chemist. He is most famous for inventing an incandescent light bulb. Wikipedia
Born: October 31, 1828, Bishopwearmouth, Sunderland, United Kingdom
Died: May 27, 1914, Warlingham, United Kingdom
Awards: Hughes Medal.
Sir Hiram Stevens Maxim was an American inventor who moved to the United Kingdom at the age of 41. He remained an American citizen until he became a naturalized British subject in 1900. Wikipedia
Born: February 5, 1840, Sangerville, ME
Died: November 24, 1916, London, United Kingdom
Siblings: Hudson Maxim
Books: A New System for Preventing Collisions at Sea, My Life
Children: Hiram Percy Maxim, Adelaide Maxim Joubert, Florence Maxim Cutter
How the light bulb changed the world
The invention of the light bulb changed the world in many ways, including facilitating the creation of large power grids, changing the social and economic structure of society and bringing other appliances into the home. Although many inventors had experimented with incandescent light bulbs, Thomas Edison created the first widely distributed model in 1879.
The implementation of light bulbs led to the need for a widespread electrical-distribution system, and the world's first large-scale power station was built at Niagara Falls in 1895. The power was distributed only locally at first, but some was also transmitted to nearby Buffalo, where it was used to power streetlights and streetcars. The transmission to Buffalo proved that long-distance power distribution was efficient, and this eventually led to a national system of large, interconnected power stations. The light bulb also had wide-reaching social and economic consequences. Interior lighting changed the structure of society, allowing activities to extend into the night. Industrial plants and other businesses could operate all night long, dramatically increasing profits. Electric lighting also allowed cities to stay active into the night, changing the natural rhythm of society and allowing people to stay up later. Electric lights necessitated the installation of electric wiring, which allowed for the development of other electric appliances for the home. Toasters, refrigerators, washing machines, vacuums and air conditioning systems all became common, making life far more convenient.
How the light bulb advanced throughout time
Humphrey Davy demonstrated the first incident light to the royal institute in great Britain using quite allot of batteries and two charcoal rods. Arc lamps provided many cities with their first electric lights that when on here streets
Thomas Edison was the first light bulb inventor