Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ancient Egpyt
The Gift of the Nile
Regular, predictable flooding
Created a feeling of changelessness
The Benefit of Geography
Continuity & Stability
polytheistic & anthropomorphic
Placed special importance on the Sun god
Atum: the Creator god
Re: the Sun god
Placed special importance on the afterlife
Osiris: god of the afterlife
Beginning of the Old Kingdom:
According to legend, King Menes (Narmer) united the thrones of Upper & Lower Egypt.
established a Dynasty
Invasion by the Hyksos
Ancient Mycenaean Goddess 1250 B.C.E
Laocoon and his sons, 27 B.C.E
Who were the Pharaohs?
What information do these images convey about the Pharaohs?
The Egyptians did not use the term Pharaoh until the New Kingdom.....
The Pyramids at Giza
Pyramid of Djoser
designed by Imhotep
Father of Medicine
How did they rule?