Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Local Government
Local Government Development
The local government Act
gave Ireland a local govt. system.
The purpose of a local govt. is to provide local services and amenities to specific areas.
There are 5 different types of Local authorities in Ireland
County Borough Corporations
Urban District Councils
The Local Authority
The people elect councillors, or local representatives every 5 years.
They meet ever month and make decisions about their local area and how money should be spent.
How do they get money?
The Department of the Environment and Local Government oversee the work in the local authority.
It gives grants to provide for the running of the local authority.
Case Study P.116
A day in the life of a local Councilor.