Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
→ Emerging Trends for Global Leaders
Transcript of → Emerging Trends for Global Leaders
By:Tessa Fowler & Alex Nehme
• Positive correlation between organizational change and technological innovation.
• Increasing Productivity: benefits vs. limitations of technology
• Technology investment → increased revenue? Decreased expenses? Better services? Customer care?
Creating a Shared Vision
Companies create “clear and compelling visions that inspire and stretch people beyond expectations”
Get input from others
Leveraging diversity is crucial to “creating sharing and executing the company vision”
Supporting with Strategy – defining roles and priorities
• Defining clear priorities and expectations for each team member
• Follow a strategic plan that incorporates the company's vision
Emerging Trends for Global Leaders
“Convergence is everywhere”- competitors are also the customers, suppliers even partners
1. Thinking globally
2. Appreciating cultural diversity
3. Developing technological savvy generation
4. Building partnerships and alliances
5. Sharing Leadership
Think Globally, Act Locally
Building Partnerships: creating trust
Respect confidences – share intentions – act quickly – cautious
Keep Things Positive: encourage and support
Partnerships and Alliances in the company – creating a stronger workforce
Outside the Organization: a more important concept for the future than it was in the past
Sharing Leadership – Partnerships and mergers
The Value of Diversity
Embracing Ideas and Perspectives
Understand the age generation gap (technological gap)
Employees taking responsibility of their own careers
Companies must create opportunities to retain talent
Developing and Retaining High-impact performers
1. Respect and dignity
2. Create a thriving environment
3. Provide training
4. Be a coach
5. Provide feedback
6. Reward and recognize employee's achievements
Open environment to communicate and share information – stimulating creativity, increase knowledge and
create a team environment
Build People's confidence – recurring theme of trusting and giving employees opportunities.
Ensuring Customer Satisfaction
• Raising the Bar – don't settle for mediocrity
• Changing with the Customer – listening to customer input
• Understanding the Competition
Have a “worldwide perspective when making decisions”
Maintaining a Competitive Advantage: Performing better and faster
• Intellectual Capital
• Eliminating Waste and unnecessary Costs: doing more in less time with fewer resources
• Eliminate Bureaucracy
• Eliminate Structure
• Eliminate Layers
• Eliminate highly specialized jobs
Providing great products and services – competition is only beat by maintaining the advantage
Maximizing Talent: empowering individuals, giving opportunities for employees to take leadership positions and responsibilities
The Value of Collaboration: Keys to successful collaboration
• Trust between different parties
• Accuracy with timing and agendas
• Similar vision and direction of action
Team environment – a team of leaders that share:
• Sense of ownership for the success of the business
• Rely on each other – others strengths during different challenges
How do you think we can bridge then generational gap?
How do you personally empower people?