Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of The Leader in Me
Transcript of Copy of The Leader in Me
English & Language Arts
Thoughts? Questions? Ideas?
Welcome to 5th Grade Parent Night
Your 5th Grade Teachers
Number and Operation in Base Ten
Understand the place value system.
Perform operations with multi-digit whole numbers and with decimals to hundredths.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.
She loves roller coasters and baseball.
She will be teaching Math with some S.T.E.M. activities and Social Studies.
She does LOVE sushi and broke her arm in elementary school.
She will be teaching ELA (English & Language Arts) and Social Studies.
1. WIGS (wildly important goals)
2. Additional Data Tracking
3. Leadership Roles
5. Student Led Conferences
Write and interpret numerical expressions
Analyze patterns and relationships
Number and Operations - Fractions
Use equivalent fractions to add and subtract fractions
Multiply and divide fractions
Measurement and Data
Convert units within a given measurement system.
Represent and interpret data.
Calculate perimeter, area, and volume.
Graph points on a coordinate plane.
Classify two-dimensional figures based on their properties.
Students will be synergizing with others to solve problems using their critical thinking skills.
Daily 5 (we will do 4)
1. Read to Self
2. Read to Teacher
3. Working with Words
with Greek and Latin roots)
- writing process
AR (accelerated reading)
- students will set their own goals.
- We will have homeroom competitions.
- There will be no punishment or grade
- AR will be used for data tracking
and goal setting.
Ways we will learn
- Individualized reading groups
- Literature circles
- Project based learning
- Possible Independent Study
- personal and academic goals
each grading period
- reading and math data
daily, weekly, and grading period
- roles in the classroom and school
- accomplishments that show our leadership
- victory wall
- Spring 2013....more info to come
NEW THIS YEAR!