Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
THE DEAD STARS SUMMARY
Transcript of THE DEAD STARS SUMMARY
Alfredo is thinking about the mess he made on his love life upon hearing the conversation of Carmen and Don Julian about his relationship with Ezperanza. At some point in a trip, he met the innocent and naïve Julia Salas from whom he fell in love and found what he is lacking.
After being so much in loved to Esperanza, the feelings had subsided. With Julia he felt more lively as a calm man as him could be. In the night before Julia’s departure he tried to confess his feelings but in the end, their relationship had gone no better.
• House of Don Julian
• House of Judge Del Valle
• House of Don Julian in Tanda
• Church of Our Lady of Sorrow
• Calle Real
particularly in Calle Luz
- father of Alfredo Salazar and Carmen
- sister of Alfredo Salas.
Judge Del Valle
- brother-in-law of Julia Salas.
- sister of Julia Salas.
- note-carrier of Alfredo Salazar and Esperanza.
- husband of Donna Adella.
- husband of Carmen.
- She is the illusive woman whose Alfredo is looking for.
THE DEAD STARS SUMMARY
- son of Don Julian, a more than 30 years old man and a bachelor. He is engaged to Esperanza but still have feelings to Julia Salas.
- wife of Alfredo Salazar. She is a homely woman, literal minded and intensely acquisitive and with uniformly beauty.
- sister-in-law of Judge Del Valle; the other woman of Alfredo that remained single in her life
The composed Alfredo had an argument with the modest Esperanza about their conflicting views of what seems to be an immoral act that Calixta did. This thereby lead to Esperanza hinting of not being the one to go out of her place, of not being the one who tried to sought another.
The wedding happened, thus, he chose not to break his word and avoid social humiliation. A few years later, his job called for him to go to the town where Julia, who is still unmarried, lives.
During all his years of married life he had come to a closure after meeting Julia once again. He realized that the answers to his ‘what-if’ questions hardly interest him anymore; he understood that he had been looking up into a dead star all along.
- symbolizes Alfredo’s dream of romance with Julia. He thought there was love, but it was just like a star whose shine could actually be the leftover traveling light.
-symbolizes the confusion and flaws of human.
-symbolizes hope and devotion, and being manipulated by the regenerative virtue of society.
Realistic Fiction, Philosophical, Romance, Angst, Life
Man Vs. Society
Reference: Justin Narvaez (DocSlide)