Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How to multiply and divide Decimals
Transcript of How to multiply and divide Decimals
How do you multiply decimals?
Do you need help to multiply decimals? Well, in this slide, you will learn how to multiply decimals.
Step 1: Line up Step 2:Work out the step 3: use the
the decimals virtually. problem. Think as if decimal rule
the decimals the decimals are not which is count
DON'T LINE UP THE there. the number of
DECIMALS! 326 spaces it takes
32.6 x 42 to get to the
x 4.2 _____ decimal from the
_____ 652 right .
+ 13040 32.6
_______ x 4.2
how to divide decimals
In this slide , I will teach you how to divide decimals.
Step 1: Divide normaly. Step 2: Bring the decimal right
Pretend the decimal is on up.
not there. 5.761
5 7 6 1 6 34.566
Estimating your answer
You can check if your answer is right by estimating. The multiplication problem was 32.6 x 4.2 = 136.92. You would estimate 32.6 to 33 and you would estimate 4.2 to 4. 33 x 4 = 132. this answer is close to the real answer. The division problem was 34.566 / 6 = 5.761.