Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Middletown Waterfront Jan 10 bis
Transcript of Middletown Waterfront Jan 10 bis
River Road/Nature Walk
Ped. Bridge over RT 9
Future Train Station
< To Wesleyan
PLACEMAKING ON THE
1. Presentation of Riverfront Placemaking Concept Plan by PPS;
2. Comments and questions from Commission;
3. Comments and questions from public;
4. Discussion by Commission;
5. Closing by PPS & Commission.
Interviews & Focus Groups, July-August
Community Placemaking Workshops, Sept. 26 and 28
Presentation of Preliminary Program, Nov. 20
1. Improve Access to and Circulation on the Riverfront;
2. Use Placemaking to Create Multi-Use Destinations on the Riverfront;
3. Increase Access to the River for a Variety of Water-Related Uses;
4. Enhance Year-Round Recreational Opportunities;
5. Preserve and Celebrate Historic Legacy;
6. Improve Wildlife Habitat and Provide Environmental Education Opportunities;
7. Increase Opportunities for Economic Development and Tourism;
8. Add Cultural Venues for Performing and Visual Arts.
Placemaking Concept Plan
Power of 10
1. Start with Lighter, Quicker, Cheaper programming and amenities at selected locations;
2. Increase maintenance and level of operation of Riverfront;
4. Pursue development of Community Boathouse and Plaza right away;
3. Establish an entity to pursue long-term development strategies;
5. Work with DOT on Route 17 ramp and new entrance to Riverfront.
NEXT STEPS TO CONSIDER