Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Vocal Health
Base of the Tongue
Yay, let's stay healthy
What the heck is a Larynx??
The larynx, also known as the voice box is the part of the human body in the throat that produces sound, protects the vocal chords when you are eating, and is involved when breathing.
Amidst the mists and coldest frosts,
With stoutest wrists and loudest boasts,
He thrusts his fists against the posts,
And still insists he sees the ghosts.
Diction is done with the front of the teeth, the tip of the tongue, and the lips.
Repeat after me:
What element of beautiful singing are you using when you say this?
Articulation! - articulation is how our tongue, teeth, and lips form words and make, or ARTICULATE, each sound.
All of these factors make your voice unique!
referred to as the quality of someones voice. Where does one "send" their voice? Is it bright and forward, dark and swallowed or somewhere in between?
BREATHING!! Good air support (energy) is the key to having a healthy, strong voice.
What creates this sound?
How to make your singing more beautiful!
Diction is the way in which you pronounce your words. Different pronunciations can effect the way your voice sounds.
Rhythm: Being rhythmically literate means knowing how long each note lasts when you look at a piece of music.
Do you look interesting?
- How are your facial expressions?
- Do you look nervous because you don't feel comfortable-fake it till you make it-practice healthy singing posture until it feels natural.
It's because of timbre that you can hear the difference voices of males and females even though they may be singing the same note.
Do you breathe without thinking?
One should start singing softly, gradually increase volume and intensity and then end softly in most sentences!
Dynamic levels: How loud and how soft one sings or plays.
TAKE CARE OF YOUR VOICE!
1. Do NOT smoke
2. Exercise your high and low range before singing.
3. Don't strain your voice, AKA, don't be yelling as loud as you possibly can at a football, soccer, whatev game. : )
Don't sing without warming up.
Don't strain your voice!!
Please have paper and a pen/pencil ready before the bell rings. Please be seated and silent when the bell rings.