Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Paying for College
Transcript of Paying for College
23 May 2013
A Home Away from Home
Tuition, Room, and Board
University of California-San Diego
La Jolla, California
UCSD's main library is the Geisel Library, dedicated to Audrey and Theodor Seuss Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss). The distinctive library features eight floors in a unique structure. This beautiful building will be my second home, considering how much time I will spend studying within its geometric walls. Its studious atmosphere and relaxing smell of books will be the perfect sanctuary for studying.
The expected cost of my college education will be worthwhile if I can attain my goals. The opportunity to study in such a large, beautiful library would also be worth the cost. In addition, gaining knowledge is something I wouldn't put a price on.
Cost Over 4 Years:
Annual Room & Board:
UCSD, Sixth College
The Fun Side
Get A Life
Alpha Epsilon Delta Pre-Health Professional Honor Society
American Chemical Society Student Affiliates
American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists
American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
California Society of Health-System Pharmacists
Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity
National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Try out food in all the dorms
Meet people I won't hate
Gain opportunities for future advancement
Exercise/get in shape
Paying for College
- Cal Grant: a financial aid program providing aid to California undergraduates, vocational training students, and those in teacher certification programs.
- Pel Grant: a federal grant based on financial need; awarded only to undergraduate students with high financial need who have not earned a bachelor's or professional degree.
- UCSD Grant: awarded by the university based on financial need; student must reapply every year to be considered by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the CA Dream Act Application
Working in School
I plan to gain work experience through internships, volunteer opportunities, and research programs.
Academic Affairs Student Apprenticeship Program
Academic Enrichment Programs
Academic Internship Program
Women's Center Intern Program
Health Sciences Student Apprenticeship Program
Pharmacology Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship
I do not plan on taking any loans; therefore, I do not expect to owe any money when I graduate from college. My family has low income, as well as 3 people in college at the same time. I expect to receive enough financial aid to avoid taking student loans.
"Cal Grant ." Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 May 2013. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_Grant>.
"Internship Supersite." Career Services. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 May 2013. <http://career.ucsd.edu/undergraduates/gain-experience/internship-information/index.html>.
"UCSD Student Organizations 2012-2013." Center for Student Involvement. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 May 2013. <tonga.ucsd.edu/studentorgregistration/RdOnlyList.aspx>.
"University of California, San Diego." Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 May 2013. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ucsd>.