Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cornell Green Offices Certification Process
Transcript of Cornell Green Offices Certification Process
Recognize sustainable offices practices already in place
Share green practices between offices on campus
Support resource conservation in office spaces across campus
Support community well-being and engagement in office settings across campus that will promote all areas of sustainability
social responsibility Green Office Certification Process 1. Application for Certification Interested Offices complete a Green Offices application.
- A Green Ambassador or person for contact is required
GOs Program Coordinators will maintain all records of the application including:
other demographics 2. Self Assessment Participants will gain access to a personalized Box File with the Green Offices checklists and resources
Participants will complete a self audit with information about office resources and current sustainability efforts in 4 areas: Energy, Waste, Purchasing, and Event Planning.
Program overview and Resources will be available online via the Cornell Sustainable Campus website
GO Program Coordinator(s) will visit or notify offices with recommendations (action plan) based on the results from the self assessment (i.e. offices that did not receive enough points for a certification) 3. Certification Offices will have 2 options based on the GOs self assessment.
1. Implementation of more actions from the assessment report to achieve the highest certification possible for their office.
2. Receive a certification based on current sustainable practices reported in the self assessment . Recognition GOs Program Coordinators will recognize all certified Green Offices on the Cornell Sustainable Campus website.
Images and text for department websites will be provided.
Plaques for lounges, main offices and/or bulletin boards will be provided to publicly recognize each office.
All results from the self assessment will be available online via the CSC website and/or Facebook for reference to other offices interested in participating in the program (to increase engagement) Re-certification Quarterly blog to create ongoing reporting using the Lucid Dashboard (building log widget), the Sustainable Campus Website, and/or college/department website (template will need to be created)
Annual assessment and awards party Resources Needed
Application & Self Assessment (with points)
Directions for self assessment
Efficient equipment purchasing
IT operations for computers and electronics
How to compost
How to recycle office supplies (batteries, plastic bags, ink cartridges, etc.)
Cornell Reuse Program