Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of HUMAN RESOURCES
F = Facts
R = Rule
I = Impact
S = Suggestions/Directions for improvement
K = Knowledge
from start to finish!
2nd and 5th month probationary evals.
Within a month of employees hiring month
2nd and 5th month probationary evals.
Notification by Sept. 30
Conducted annually between Feb. - May
If the employee has received an outstanding, evals. can be bi-annually.
So, what do they really do down there?
HUMAN RESOURCES OVERVIEW
MUCH MORE THAN THE EYE CAN SEE!
Adhere to timelines in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (invitations were already sent to your calendars)
Regular Evaluation Cycle
2-Year Alternative Evaluation Cycle
5-Year Evaluation Cycle
IMPROVEMENT PLANS - FUDTA
Start at the Lowest Level.
Utilize Site Liaison Committee.
Call if you need help!
November - any employees who are in need of improvement or in danger of release should be put on an improvement plan.
By February 1 - A conference shall be held to discuss progress, problems, assistance needed and/or revisions required. (Article 10.12.5)
Any temp/prob employee being released should be on an improvement plan.
1. Acknowledge and log communication.
2. Refer the complainant back to the specified employee.
3. Refer the complainant back to the appropriate supervisor if step 2 is done.
4. If step 2 and 3 are complete then refer for appropriate complaint procedure.
5. Follow-Up with the complaint.
Article 6.15.1 -
"A grievance shall first be submitted in writing to the unit member's immediate supervisor with the objective of resolving the matter informally. There shall be a conference withn five school days to be followed by a written decision within five additional school days."
Article 6.15.2 -
"If the grievance is not resolved at Level One, the grievant may appeal in writing within ten school days of receipt of the decision from Level One to the Superintendent or designee. A conference shall be held within five school days to be followed by a written decon within five additional school days."
Article 6.15.3 -
"If the grievance is not resolveat Level Two, the grievant may, withing five school days of the receipt of the desicion from Level Two, request in writing to the Association that the grievance be submitted to Arbitration."
1. Not adhering to timelines - October
2. Not filling out the Adverse Remark Form
3. "By" does not necessarily mean to wait for the specific date.
4. Waiting too long before getting evaluations started.
5. Asking an employee to "back date" an evaluation.
FUDTA Work Group Interest?
Adult School - 2
Opportunity - 3
Responsibility Center - 2
Special Education - 2
Evaluation - 3
If interested e-mail Sherry
Classified Grievance Procedures
THE BARE MINIMUM!
Reference the California Teaching Standards in your evaluation.
Give a suggestion for improvement or a question to ponder regarding the lesson.
Reference how they know that the students are learning the material (Formative Assessment).
Principals will monitor collaboration time.
For tracking purposes, principals will create a tracking sheet for all certificated employees at their sites.
Collaboration time is based on FTE.
Add collaboration time to the exit sheet at the end of the year check-out.
Adult School and Pre-School will also receive 16 hours of Collaboration time. (must use a timecard)
Subsitutes interested in Collaborating must submit a timecard.
Collaboration time will be placed on the October payroll. Deductions will happen on the June payroll.
Q & A
Raul Zamora: ext. 12346
mobile - 408-332-0445
Sherry Strausbaugh: ext. 12347
mobile - 510-504-4818
Angela Bianchini: ext. 12645
mobile - 510-862-7041