Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Roots, Prefixes, Suffixes
Transcript of Roots, Prefixes, Suffixes
A root word is a base word to which prefixes and suffixes can be added to change the meaning.
Prefixes are word parts added to the beginning of a root word to create a new word with a different meaning.
Suffixes are word parts added
to the end of a root word to
make a new word.
Prefix Meaning Example
re- again replay
un- not unhappy
in- not incredible
pre- before prepay
mis- wrong misspeak
Suffix Meaning Example
-ness state of being sadness
-ful full of joyful
-able able predictable
-ous full of nauseous
-less without noiseless
Time to Practice
Add prefixes and suffixes to the root word
to make as many new words as you can.