Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Feudalism
- Largely do not own land, but work it for lords and knights
- Serf - a peasant tied to the land on which he lived
- Taxed by lords/knights
- Receive protection, some land for self
- Some skilled workers - carpenters, blacksmiths, etc. - Hired to protect people
- Expensive armor and maintenance (horses)
- Paid in land (or fiefs)
- Called upon to defend and support lord
- Sometimes ran manors
- Men only Towns and Trade - Towns group up around castle
- Plow + horse collar --> More food, more population
- Trade => More money; knights want money not land, peasants head to town to make fortune Formation Peasants Knights Nobles - Outside Pressures: Invasions from North and East
- Nobles step up and defend people
- Kings weakened
- Nobles gain power
- Vassals - supporters in exchange
- Starts in France; spreads throughout Europe Homework:
P 517 # 10b, 11b, 12a, 13, 14 - Protect vassals
- Fair governance, final law
- Construct castles
- Own a manor - large estate
- Answer to king, queen