Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Priorities for ELT Launch
Transcript of Priorities for ELT Launch
Goal: ALL families informed and invested before Day 1
Goal: All students informed and invested before Day 1
Goal: Teachers share rationale for program with students and families.
On Day One
Students know where to go
Staff know where to go and have rehearsed the whole day
Administrators and Teachers help message the "why" to students and families
Families see a safe, orderly dismissal and have an opportunity to get questions answered
* "My child's school has made an exciting opportunity available for us. I feel pleased that my child will get to participate in an extended school day, and I understand where to pick her up, what she'll be doing, and who will be making sure she is safe."
Planning (or Co-Planning with school) Welcome Events
Day One Family Lead identified, family Q&A space and resources available beginning at previous dismissal time
* "Being a 6th grader at this school means participating in an extended learning day. I stay at school later because my school wants me to have all of the opportunities I deserve, and because this is a school where we work harder and get smarter.
I know where to go, who my teachers will be, and what is expected of me here."
Actions: Family Engagement,
Staff rehearsals for Day one and week one include answering students' "Why?" questions
* "We are all excited about the opportunities that our new expanded learning day will provide to students. All students are staying later to get more support and more opportunity for college and career connections. Our new colleagues are part of one school team supporting our students."
Teacher info sheet on program and CS staff, include answers to "why?"
Teacher welcome event with paired meetings for room share partners
Clean room checklist in effect on day one
First opportunity to check-in on academic alignment scheduled