Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Laurent Clerc
Retired General 1. Born December 26, 1785
2. Died July 18, 1869
3. Co-found the first school for the deaf in North America. The Life of Laurent Clerc Contribution to the Deaf Culture Sketches 10 Signs to Learn cont... French
Influence 1785 1869 1817 Clerc was born December 26
in France. Gallaudet was started as an asylum school for the deaf and dumb. On July 18, 1869, Clerc died as an old man; he was 83 years old. ........................................... Known as "The Apostle of the Deaf in America" Fun Facts 1815 Clerc traveled to England, where he met Thomas Gallaudet. His full name is Louis Laurent Marie Clerc. When he was a child, Laurent fell into the kitchen fireplace from a high chair. His right cheek was severely burned, a fever developed, and later it was discovered that his senses of hearing and smell were damaged. 1816 Laurent Clerc traveled to America on June 18th and arrived August 22. 1819 Laurent Clerc married Eliza Crocker Boardman on May 3rd. Thanks Clerc! (: 10 Signs to Learn cont.... Found (Establish)
Injury(Face) 1858 Laurent Clerc retired from teaching at the age of 73.