Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Visual Communication
Art as Persuasion
Images in Advertising
Thursday, October 8, 2015
Vol XCIII, No. 311
Icons, Indexes, and the Indeterminate
How Images Persuade
Photojournalism as Persuasion
resembling the thing they represent
an image that documents some-thing "real"
images cannot convey relationships
Photography comes with expectations of realism, indexicality
These images, attached to journalism, imply facts and necessity
They provide context but also can be (accidental or purposeful) calls to action
Power, speed, strength