Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
KTR, Chapter 6
Transcript of KTR, Chapter 6
When Can the Law Treat People Differently?
Iowa, Wisconsin, and New York hold referenda on black suffrage
Abolitionists lose in each state
Plessy v. Ferguson
Brown v. Board of Education
De Facto Segregation vs. De Jure Segregation
In the United States
University of California v. Bakke - 1978
Bakke applies for medical school at UC-Davis
He is rejected even though his grades were higher than some who got accepted
UC - Davis used a quota system and had 16 spots available for minorities
Gratz v. Bollinger - 2003