Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Rich: or are they?
Transcript of Rich: or are they?
RICH: or are they?
Trinity Mennonite Church
July 30, 2017
Jesus said, “If you want to be complete, go, sell what you own, and give the money to the poor. Then you will have treasure in heaven. And come follow me.”
- Matthew 19: 21, CEB
Listen! Hear the cries of the wages of your field hands. These are the wages you stole from those who harvested your fields. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of heavenly forces.
- James 5: 4, CEB
"Another celebrity dies in 2016"
"Number of people in extreme poverty fell by 137,000 since yesterday"
"Child mortality at half of 1990 levels"
"300,000 people gain access to
electricity every day"
I have seen a sickening tragedy under the sun: people hoard their wealth to their own detriment. Then that wealth is lost in a bad business venture so that when they have children, they are left with nothing.
- Ecclesiastes 5: 13-14, CEB
The Bible is very easy to understand. But we Christians are a bunch of scheming swindlers. We pretend to be unable to understand it because we know very well that the minute we understand, we are obliged to act accordingly.
- Provocations: Spiritual Writings of Kierkegaard