Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Tiger Airways
Nick Redfern Tiger Airways BACKGROUND:
- Low Cost Airline
- Commenced services in Australia in November 2007
Subsidiary of Tiger Airways Holdings (Singapore based company)
- 2011 forced to ground all flights in Australia due to safety concerns regarding maintenance of its aircraft
- Closure of Adelaide and Avalon airport base to recover losses Tiger Airways Core Service:
- Low-cost domestic and international flights
- Company focus is competitive pricing
- Tiger sacrifices service quality for low cost flights
- Struggling to meet demand- only 74 % of flights on time
- 3.5% flight cancellation rate
- Company labelled worst overall airline in Australia
- Only 49% satisfaction rate Tiger Airways Services People processing:
- Customers have to be in physical location
(check-in, flight duration and departure)
- Service organisation provides treatment for customers physical posessions
Tiger Airways customer luggage Category of Service Products: Pre-purchase stage:
1. Need Awareness: required to travel arises
2. Information search: online searches, brochures etc
3. Evaluation of alternatives: assessing flight options
4. Purchase decision: selection and payment of flight Three Stage Process Service encounter stage:
Occurs during customers actual service experience with Tiger and service encounters range from high to low contact between Tiger and customers.
Optimal level of contact: HIGH Post purchase stage:
Occurs after service has been encountered.
Evaluation of Tiger Airways service performance
eg) customer satisfaction, future service intentions Information & risks in decision making PERCEIVED RISKS:
Temporal risks: Flight delays and cancellations
Financial risks: Foregone flight costs because of cancellations, and other additional costs INFORMATION:
Most information sought in pre-purchase stage
Greater risk= more information required
Lower risk= less information required SUPPLEMENTARY SERVICES FOCUS STRATEGY EXTERNAL ENVIRONMENT INDUSTRY ANALYSIS:
International and domestics airline industry
Economical: -2008-09 Economic downturn
-Industry revenue grow by 0.2% annually over next 5 years
Social: - increase in level of customisation Technological: - online flight booking -
- increase smart phone usage