Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is a Statistical Question?
Transcript of What is a Statistical Question?
What is a statistical Question?
A statistical question is a question that can be answered using data that may vary.
Example 01 - Statistical or Not Statistical?
At colleges in Jacksonville, do tennis coaches generally get paid more than football coaches?
This question is statistical.
Why Are Statistics Important?
Experts use statistics to understand large and complex sets of data. Statistics are also helpful with surveys, which legislators use to affect policy. Knowing how statistics work is important for fully understanding news reports.
02 - Stat
How many text messages have you sent today?
This question is NOT statistical.
By Rose Fedan
How to Answer a Statistical Question
For example, "How many minutes do 6th grade students typically spend on homework each week?" is a statistical question. We would answer this question by collecting data from 6th graders, and we expect that not all 6th grade students spend the same amount of time on homework (meaning there will be variability in the data).