Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Hydro Electric Power
Transcript of Hydro Electric Power
energy from falling water • Once the dam is built, the energy is virtually free.
• No waste or pollution produced.
• Much more reliable than wind, solar or wave power.
• Water can be stored above the dam ready to cope with peaks in demand.
• Hydro-electric power stations can increase to full power very quickly, unlike other power stations.
• Electricity can be generated constantly. • The dams are very expensive to build.
However, many dams are also used for flood control or irrigation, so building costs can be shared.
• Building a large dam will flood a very large area upstream, causing problems for animals that used to live there.
• Finding a suitable site can be difficult - the impact on residents and the environment may be unacceptable.
• Water quality and quantity downstream can be affected, which can have an impact on plant life.