Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Hydro Electric Power
Transcript of Hydro Electric Power
energy from falling water • Once the dam is built, the energy is virtually free.
• No waste or pollution produced.
• Much more reliable than wind, solar or wave power.
• Water can be stored above the dam ready to cope with peaks in demand.
• Hydro-electric power stations can increase to full power very quickly, unlike other power stations.
• Electricity can be generated constantly. • The dams are very expensive to build.
However, many dams are also used for flood control or irrigation, so building costs can be shared.
• Building a large dam will flood a very large area upstream, causing problems for animals that used to live there.
• Finding a suitable site can be difficult - the impact on residents and the environment may be unacceptable.
• Water quality and quantity downstream can be affected, which can have an impact on plant life.