Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Organization Development (OD)
Transcript of Organization Development (OD)
"Organizational Development is the process of increasing organizational effectiveness and facilitating personal and organizational change through the use of interventions driven by social and behavioral science knowledge"
What it is
Long term planning strategy
An organization wide process
A strategy for change management
A structure for the development of processes and systems
Case Study: IBM
Founded in 1911 - One of the most successful manufacturers of computers
Began losing money in the early 1990's as they couldn't keep up with Apple and other competitors in the personal computer business
Focused on Organizational Development to entirely change the company, its culture, and its strategy
Organizational Development enabled its current success
What did IBM do right?
1) What role does Organizational Development play in your company/organization?
2) I used Office Space as an example of a company that failed to implement Organizational Development. Can you think of a real life example of a failure?
3) Do you think Organizational Development leads to a company's success?
Organizational Development (OD)
An outcome of OD activities is organizational effectiveness!
Training and Development
An easy "Toolkit"
What it is not
Organization Efficiency at it Finest
Lets look at an example of an organizational development failure!
Created a development strategy intended to change the culture and relevance of the value system
Undertook a comprehensive analysis of the structure of the current organization to better absorb disruptive technologies, market opportunities and other challenges