Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Route 66 Presentation
Transcript of Route 66 Presentation
Route 66 is a major Highway also known as "The Mother Road."
Route 66 is 2448 miles long and runs from Chicago, Illinois to Los Angeles, California.
Its spans throughout eight different states.
The Eight States: 1. Illinois
6. New Mexico
8. California Long Media Representation The Grapes of Wrath
Disney/Pixar movie Cars
The Grapes of Wrath
Set during the Great Depression
Migration to California
The nickname "Mother Road" became a well known name for Route 66 due to the popularity of his book "Highway 66 is the main migrant road. 66-- the long concrete path across the country, waving gently up and down on the map, from Mississippi to Bakersfeild-- over the red lands and the grey lands, twisting up into the mountains, crossing the Divide and down into the bright and terrible desert, and across the desert to the mountains again, and into the rich California valleys... 66 is the mother road, the road of flight."-- The Grapes of Wrath (pp.118) Disney/Pixar movie Cars Disney/Pixar movie "Cars"
Takes place in a small forgotten town called "Radiator Springs"
Main character, a red racecar named Lightning McQueen, stumbles into this abandoned town, just off of Route 66
Many of the characters and places shown represent real people and locations on Route 66
Michael Wallis helped the Pixar crew with different ways of how to represent Route 66
Bestselling book: Route 66: The Mother Road
Michael Wallis Bob Waldmire is well known around Route 66 for his artwork
Fun fact: He was a strict vegan, and would not release his name for the movie in fear that McDonalds would use his name for their toys.
Waldmire died of Cancer in 2009 A combination of three well known men throughout Route 66
Douglas "Mater" Keever who was a NASCAR super fan
Dean Walker who was a mover and shaker
Harley Russell who was a musician that performed offbeat comedy Locations
"Cozy Cone Motel"
Wigwam motels in California and Arizona The "Conoco Gas Station and Cafe"
U-Drop-Inn, Shamrock Texas Memorabilia
Many stores can be found along Route 66 for such items
The Hackberry General Store
The SandHills Curiosity Shop Short Media Represention
Songs (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66
By Bobby Troup Fun Facts from website: Route 66-Facts and Trivia
In 1926, Route 66 became the first paved highway
First Mcdonald's was built on Route 66
Today, the Highway has an official gift store called "The Rocky Mountain General Store"
Television Show "Route 66"
TV Guide K-Mart "Route 66" Clothing Single Shot Representation Advertisements Additional Representations
Cadillac Ranch in Armarillo, TEXAS!
"Diners, Drive-In's and Dives" REFERENCES
1.) Wilson, A. (2002, January 18). U.S. route 66: Historic road is time line of America. Retrieved October 2011, from National geographic news: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2000095,00.html
2) Characters. (n.d.). Retrieved October 19, 2011, from Disney: http://disney.go.com/cars/lizzie.html#/characters
3)Heidig, L. (n.d.). John Stienbeck The grapes of Wrath. Retrieved October 19, 2011, from Cornell university: http://cornellreading.typepad.com/grapes_of_wrath/2009/07/the-gps-of-wrath.html
4) Historic Route 66 and CARS, the movie. (n.d.). Retrieved October 19, 2011, from Historic 66: http://www.historic66.com/cars/
5. Steinbeck, J. (1939). The Grapes of Wrath. The Penguin Group.
6. Warnick, R. (2009, December 31). A Route 66 guide to the "Cars" Movie. Retrieved October 19, 2011, from Route 66 News: http://route66news.com/2006/06/09/a-route-66-guide-to-the-cars-movie/
7. Facts & Trivia of the Mother Road. (2011, January). Retrieved from Legends of America: http://www.legendsofamerica.com/66-facts.html
8. Crapanzano, C. (2010, June 28). Route 66. Time Magazine .
9. Rocky Mountain General Store. (n.d.). Retrieved from Legends Of America: http://www.legendsofamerica.com/rm-route66.html
10.) Potter, M. (2008). Tewa motor lodge and Texas Ann motel ads. Retrieved October 2011, from Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mark_potter_2000/2703257644/
11.) Potter, M. (1960). Gas ads. Oklahoma: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mark_potter_2000/2701939457/in/photostream/lightbox/.
Did you know that when you detail or put a bumper sticker on your car...
It's like putting a tattoo on your body!