Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CMIN 101 (Fa '16) T04 - Mourn the Changed Conditions
Transcript of CMIN 101 (Fa '16) T04 - Mourn the Changed Conditions
big things and impact lives.
The church lost . . .
- is a loving Shepherd
Purpose of mixing: NOT that we might be like the world, but
that the world might get to know Jesus who
is already the King
Mourn the Changed Conditions
The kingdom of God is a secret, a mystery, which can only be grasped by believers who truly want to hear.
in the kingdom is amazing.
for the King is indescribable joy.
is initiated by the
Word of God.
is designed to take place in the
midst of the world.
that's otherwise unavailable to the human heart
The kingdom of God . . .
Isaiah 40:8 (background, message)
- The grass withers, the flower fades, but
the word of our God will stand forever.
- prophetic proclamation of comfort for his people
(tone of the passage) God is described as one who . . .
- speaks to the heart
The grass withers, the flower fades,
passes away quickly
but the word of our God will stand forever.
be ready to receive the Lord
proclaim the message of the Lord, who will come
In a changing world, God assures us that his Word doesn’t change.
Statistical center of Christianity over the centuries (Tennent, Invitation to World Missions, 35.)
What the Western church has lost
What the church in the West has lost or what has died is that former arrangement of things that used to go by the name “Christendom.”
As long as Christendom existed, followers of Christ felt fundamentally central and validated.
(Witness Essentials, 61; location 1062)
- God’s deliberate design for effective growth
- the kingdom is not going to overtake the enemy
completely during this age
The kingdom of God uses small things to grow big things and impact lives.
- the mission of the church is to get out and
mix with the confused society around us
Spiritual growth should lead us into contact with unbelievers
- mixed (NIV) can also be translated “hidden”
- kingdom work is typically most
recognizable by how small it is
Changes in the Western church
How Do You View People?
A New Beginning
- rediscovering being a disciple making disciples
- don't expect support from the government
- be truly distinctive people of God
- people may be looking for the true community of believer
People may be interested in Jesus and his kingdom, not an institution.
What is or are the consequences for a witness to Christ, if it is true that the word of God changes us and will also change others?
(Please take 1-2 minutes to write down your answer)