Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of AdFed 2016
"Age" of Advertising
Gen X 53-43
Gen Y 42-34
Boomlets 13 and under
People born in 3- 5 year gap that overlaps
- Ads in print
- Ads during newscasts
- Has it worked in past?
- BRAND LOYALTY
- Friend recommendations
The problem of a aging demographic
- Don't greet them
- Get irritated when they hand you a credit card instead of swipe it
- Have it where the only option is to go online/ email
- Only have young people in your ads
How to lose a traditionalist client
Alive and Kicking!
- Since Jan 1, 2010 approx 7,000 Boomers have turned 65 EACH DAY.
- 40% say they plan to "work until they drop"
- 70% say they "have achieved all, or most, of what they wanted to do in life. "
Woelfel Research for AARP
Nov 15, 2015
Have money and WILL spend it
- Television Commercials
- Radio Advertisments
- Direct Mail "Coupons"
- Facebook Ads
- Word of Mouth/ News focus
How to LOSE Boomer Clients
- No "customer service"
- Treat them like their old
- Expect them to go online
- Only have young employees
- Youtube Ads/ Videos
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook pages
Whatever you've got
IT BETTER BE
THEY BETTER LIKE IT
How to lose a GenX/Y Client
- Don't have a way to order online
- Don't have free shipping
- Don't show them how it helps the whole family
- Talk to them too much in the store
- Avoid social media ads
33 - 25
- Facebook videos/ads
- Product placement
- Hulu ads
- Youtube Ads (that you cant click off of)
- Youtube Videos
- SnapChat Feeds
- Facebook "pages"
- Product Placement
How to lose a Millennial
- Dont make it available by smart phone
- Have a lame website
- Advertise too much without going audience specific
- Don't be funny
- Don't be quirky or cool
- Product Placement/ Endorsements
- Youtube Ads
- Funny videos on Youtube
- Word of Mouth
- Ads on shows parents watch
- Make it too expensive
- Make parents worry it could hurt them in some way
- Don't make it funny/ corny
How to lose a Boomlet
Link-in with me!