Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Steps to Successful
Transcript of Steps to Successful
Steps to Success
The collection of information outside of a laboratory, library or workplace setting.
"Done Well, a field research project can yield meaningful results, lead to a good grade, and give your career a powerful result."
-Meg Mangan (American Association of CFS)
Enhanced Learning Experience
According to the Journal of the Sierra College,
-Provides an opportunity to apply previous knowledge in a real world setting.
- Promotes a deeper understanding of the subject being studied.
- Improves one’s ability to recall the information.
Steps to Success
6. Connect with Theory, Aspects of Interest
7. Conduct Interviews, Focus Groups
8. Disengage and Leave the Setting
9. Complete your Analysis and Write your Report
Wilson, Jim. “Importance of Field Study Programs.” Journal of the Sierra College Natural History Museum. Sierra College. 2011. Web. 17 March 17 2014.
Social Research Methods: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches (5th Edition) (2003) by Lawrence W. Neuman.
1. Select a Field Site
2. Enter the Field and Establish Connections with Members
3. Establish a Role, Observe, Make Friends
4. Watch, Listen, Collect Data
5. Analyze Data and Generate Working Hypotheses