Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Informative Speech
- Montevideo, Uruguay (18 July 1930)
- influenced by Olympic Games
- repeated every 4 years (except 1942 and 1946)
- 32 teams face off in the finals, hundreds compete to make it there
- fifa.com Statistics:
- Brazil leads with 5 championships (perfect attendance)
- Italy with 4 championships
- Germany 3
- Argentina and Uruguay 2
- Britain, France, and Spain only have 1
- The United States has 0
- netvigator.com Soccer Riots... Is he charging the riot police?
Yes. - competitive fans clash to produce brawls
- often leads to full out riots
- riot police must intervene (remember baldy?)
- sometimes human crushes occur by crowds
- Hillsborough, April 15, 1989, killed 96 people by forcing a crowd of thousands into a small tunnel
"Soccer riots kill at most tens. Intellectuals' ideological riots sometimes kill millions." - John McCarthy (brainyquote.com)