Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Natural features of Arab world - RELIEF
Transcript of Natural features of Arab world - RELIEF
The Arab World
In Geography relief is defined as the difference between the highest and lowest elevations in an area. Three main features of relief are mountains, highlands and plateaus and plains.
Learning Objective :
Students be able to understand the features of relief in the arab world.
To have a breif idea about The Arab World.
Mountains can be found in a number in the Arab World. Some major mountains that you can find are: Al-Hijaz mountains in Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Oman. Jabal Akhdar in Oman. Atlas mountains in Algeria, Morocco and Tauras mountains in Syria and Lebanon and the mountains at the west of the Red Sea in Egypt and Sudan
Highlands and Plateaus
They occupy large areas in the Arab World and are mainly of medium height. Some plateaus that we find are: Plateau of the Sahara desert in Africa and the plateau of Najd in the Arabian Peninsula. Here there can be several highlands, sand dunes, oasis and dry ravines
There are 2 main types of plain: Coastal and sedimentary. Coastal plains lie among the coasts of oceans, seas and gulfs; they get narrower where there are mountains nearby. Sedimentary plains are even,they are the most important in the agricultural region
Countries in Arab World:
The arab world consists of 22 countries in the Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Bahrain, The Comoros Islands, Djiboti, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, UAE, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, and Yemen.
The Arab world, also known as the Arab Nation consists of the Arabic-speaking countries and populations of the 22 Arab League countries.
The standard definition of the Arab world comprises the 22 countries and territories of the Arab League stretching from the Atlantic Ocean in the west to the Arabian Sea in the east, and from the Mediterranean Sea in the north to the Horn of Africa and the Indian Ocean in the southeast.It has a combined population of around 422 million people.
Fill In The Blanks :-
1. The Arab World consists of countries.
2. The Arab World has a combined population of around people.
3. The Arab League stretches from the in the west to the in the east, and from the Mediterranean Sea in the to the Horn of Africa and the Indian Ocean in the .
Answer The Following :-
1. a.What is Geographical Relief ? Give 3 main features of Relief.
1. b. Explain all the 3 features of Relief.