Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of IBM Watson
DE & VP Core Technology
Why do you want to work at IBM Watson?
IBM Watson is the new face of IBM
World Class Technology
World Class Problems
Why do I want to work at IBM Watson?
Silicon Alley HQ
Start Up Culture
Hiring Best and Brightest
Watson Jeopardy Challenge (IBM 2011)
Statistical Machine Translation (IBM 1993)
Help Diagnose Cancer
Statistical Speech Recognition (IBM 1976)
One day one of his linguists resigned, and Fred [Jelinek] decided to replace him not by another linguist but by an engineer. A little while later, Fred noticed that the performance of his system improved significantly. So he encouraged another linguist to find alternative employment, and sure enough performance improved again. The rest as they say is history, eventually all the linguists were replaced by engineers (and not just in Fred’s lab) and then speech recognition really started to make progress.
Steve Young (2010),
Frederick Jelinek 1932 – 2010 : The Pioneer of Speech Recognition Technology
330 dev and research openings in NLP, ML, and cloud for 2014 alone.
Re-invent Customer Service
Speech to Speech